FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE
I was told if I wrote that people would get more excited to see what I am offering. All the recipes I share are free….so you should follow me 🙂
Okay, I know I have been on a salad kick lately, but I am trying to share these awesome recipes before it gets too cold for salad. Since we had some eighty degree weather here this week I wanted to share another cool salad that doesn’t feel like your just eating plain leaves. I kinda want to prove that salads don’t have to be boring, maybe you don’t think so, I used to.
First, lets talk about being creative, you can add anything to a salad! If you want a hearty salad add quinoa, beans, meat, pasta, potatoes, surprise me! Just try it! Bring out that inner chef in you. The key is not overloading on non-natural ingredients.
So, like I have said in the past, MAKE YOUR OWN DRESSING! It seriously tastes better and feels so much better. Don’t forget to put your dressing in a different container until right before you eat it, because no one likes soggy wet food.
You guys, this is going to be the easiest thing to make, promise. This salad is way more filling because it has meat and quinoa, take out or add what you think would be good. My recipes are flexible 🙂
- cooked chicken breast (I like throwing chicken in a crockpot for the day with some chicken broth, lemon and garlic while I go do other fun things, but you can cook it however you want/like!)
- brussel sprouts (cut off ends & slice them lengthwise OR buy them like that)
- cooked quinoa (made just like rice)
- dried cranberries
- toasted/roasted pecans (or a nut that you like, maybe almonds?)
- Orange Vinaigrette Dressing
- orange juice (like straight from an orange)
- same amount of olive oil as orange juice
- half as much apple cider vinegar
- a sprinkle of salt and pepper
To make the salad:
- Combine ingredients…..
- Don’t put dressing on until you are going to eat it
- The end
*Chicken and dressing not pictured for pretty picture purposes*